As there are no timber or metal frames used in the construction of these mattress/bases the risk of self-harm is minimised. The aim of the Seclusion Mattresses is to provide a safe, hygienic and comfortable sleeping environment for high security situations.
Seclusion Mattress Features
- Three basic types, 150mm, 250mm and 400mm
- Solid blocks of flame retardant foam
- Tear and slash resistant cover
- Flame retardant cover
- Seams are fully welded and sealed to prevent fluid ingress and maximise infection control
- Cover reinforced with high tenacity polyester skrim providing great durability and tensile strength
- Easily cleaned with warm soapy water or diluted disinfectant
- Stain resistant
- Hypo allergenic, non irritating
Autistic and Mentally Disabled Mattress Applications: The 150mm top section (picture on the left below) is also a perfect solution for situations where people may pick at sewn seams. We have had great success with autistic and mentally disabled individuals using the welded fully sealed Seclusion mattress.